So you've got your toolbelt! Amazing! To ensure your set-up lasts, we've compiled some tips n tricks to help maintain your toolbelt!
Diamondback use 1000D (denier) nylon, a material with superior tear and abrasion resistance that can weigh 40% less than leather. They also pioneered Diamondskin, a proprietary nylon/vinyl laminate fabric - making a perfect match for tear and abrasion resistant nylon.
When you first get your DiamondBack pouches, they can come quite flat. There's a lil hack you can do to give them more shape for when you want to start using them. Wash your pouches and then let them dry with something round in the slots; for example, a tennis ball or a can of Coke! This should help give them more shape 👍
For occasional cleaning purposes (about once a year), we recommend using a leather cleaner, saddle soap, or warm soap and water. You should follow this with a light application of a non-oil based leather conditioner or a light coating of petroleum jelly. (Some oils and oil based conditioners may decompose threads and shorten the life of the leather)
Remember to always wash mud, concrete, etc. from leather surfaces with a damp cloth before it drys and draws out the natural oils in the leather.
Some dos n don'ts for your Leather toolbelt:
- Do regularly clean leather with a soft brush or cloth
- Do regularly air out leather
- Do blot away water or moisture as soon as possible
- Do dry wet leather naturally, away from artificial heat
- Do keep leather supple with a specialised leather conditioner every 3-6 months
- Do clean spots and stains with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water
- Do use a steam cleaner to disinfect and remove build-up from regular use
- Do test any conditioners, cleaners, polishes or wax in a hidden spot beforehand
- Don't machine wash leather
- Don't get leather wet wherever possible
- Don't dry wet leather next to a radiator or with a hairdryer
- Don't tumble dry leather
- Don't immerse leather in water to clean
Occidental Leather is custom tanned to meet the demands of heavy, outdoor use 👍
Occidental have a Rugged Service cream which coats and penetrates the fibers to inhibit oxidation, and maintains a desirable level of lubrication in the leather, allowing the fibers to bend and move for longer life. The cream is chemically neutral, carrying no salts or harsh solvents.
Find it here!
100% Australian made, they manufacture premium, durable, fit for purpose, leather products to guarantee your Buckaroo will work hard and go the distance.
Photo Credit: @mojopropertymaintenance @diamondback.toolbelts @byggmestersnilstveit @jbc.woodwork @pengellycarpentry