WoodOwl Ultra Smooth Wood Boring Auger Bit (18" Length)
Triple bladed, teflon coated, carbon steel Auger Bit with precise heat-treat and hardening processes for strength and durability. Fluted tips for clean exit & entry holes.
- Patented tri-cut spurred edge design for fast, smooth cutting without resistance
- Lighter weight than standard augers for safety and reduced fatigue without sacrificing strength
- Ultra-smooth cutting of perfectly finished holes without ’blowout’
- PTFE-coated to resist heat and friction
- Burr-free lead screw for easy starts and pull-through without material build-up
- Perfectly concentric for even & easy cutting of accurately sized holes
- Quick-change shank for fast & secure change-out
- Triple-fluted, low friction augers for precise, effortless boring
- All sizing is imperial
- Length given is overall, approx. 2" shank with 1/2" (13mm) dia
- Made in Japan
I doesn't get any better than WoodOwl
Couldn't agree more :)
On the basis of the reviews on here I took a chance and bought my first Wood Owl ultra smooth auger bits. Now I have 4 of these bits in varying sizes and lengths. They are worth every penny. Clean, accurate, and easy drilling, even in a 35mm diameter and 8 inches down through oak. I need a perfect finish on the pieces I make and these bits provide that. I would highly recommend these to anyone. And TF Tools have been great on ease of ordering and delivery also.
Thank you so much for this review Clare :) We're so glad you're happy with them!
Quality Tool and nice chocolate...
I run this drill bit from my Mafell drill jig - result is perfect holes even in the thickest and hardest timbers - the accuracy I need for the dowels in big mortise and tenon joints in oak timberframes.
The wood owl is better than top quality there brilliant Japanese made and worth the money though expensive, I will have to wait the test of time and see how they fare!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.