The new PROII with safety pin and automatic yarn feeder is easy to operate. This marking ink line is sold unfilled with ink.
Description of parts and features
- The spool cover: The cover can be removed and reinstalled easily.
- Filler cap: Thanks to the rubber seal, it can be sealed against the reservoir to prevent leakage of the ink.
- Sponge (in the reservoir): A sponge made of cellulose allows uniform coating of the string to create a clean line.
- Opening in the housing for receiving the pin: The head of the housing is at an angle, allowing the pin to be easily inserted into the housing.
- Thread guide switch
- Knob for the uniform coating of ink on the line
- Switch for locking the spool: The spool can be easily locked and released.
- Lanyard loop
- Button for locking the coil spring winder. The coil spring can be tensioned and wound by turning the winder in the direction of arrow.
- Anti-slip rubber knob.
- Safety pin with needle: Ultra-Safe design has a concealed needle. A rubber seal prevents leakage of ink.
- 1. Place the ink line on a flat surface and open the filler cap. If you lift the edge of the lid, you can easily open the tank.
- 2. Place the sponges in the ink reservoir, one in the tank and one in the filler cap. When you close the filler cap, the sponge at the bottom of the cover will absorb ink.
- 3. Close the filler cap. It is closed when you hear it click.
- 4. You can push the ink knob (see part 7 on the top view) to intensify the color on the string.
- 5. When sliding the thread guide, you can easily get into the corners of floors and walls.
• While marking lines, make sure to hold the spool tight!
• The chalk line contains no ink on delivery. Please buy liquid ink.
- Filler cap
- Safety ring
- Tank in the housing, max filling quantity 15 cm 15 cm3
- Button for adding ink to the thread
- Thread guide
20m of line is wound on the spool. The coil spring comes already tensioned. After the ink is added, the marking line can be used immediately.
A fully wound coil spring will automatically rewind a line up to a length of 10m. Is the line is pulled out further, then it will be necessary to rewind it manually. Increase the tension of the spring only after the pin is secure in the housing. If the automatic line feed stops part way through a rewind, please refer to the "Troubleshooting" section of these instructions
Replacing the cord
- Disengage the coil spring winder lock by pushing the locking button in the direction opposite of the arrow. This will allow the coil to loosen it's tension.
- Remove the retaining pin off and open the filler cap. Next, rotate the cover of the spool counterclockwise and remove.
- On the new line, tie a slip knot, as shown on drawing A.
- Tighten the knot and expand the loop, as can be seen on drawing B.
- Twist the loop in the middle, to create a figure 8, as shown on drawing C.
- Fold the top loop of the figure 8 over the bottom, as can be seen on drawing D.
- Put these loops around the spool as shown in drawing E, then tighten with a bit of pulling on the free end of the line. Wrap the cord in the direction of the arrow.
When reassembling the ink line, it is important that the string passes through the groove at the back of the sponge holder (a) and through the groove in the safety ring (b). Please see the illustration.
The coil cover is then reinstalled, and fixed by rotating clockwise. Turn the coil spring winder on the bottom of the housing three to four times counterclockwise while maintaining mild tension on the line. Once you have adequate tension in the coil spring, push the locking button in the direction of arrow to secure the winder.
Before use, you should pull the pin and check if the string is pulled in automatically.
- Reinstall the coil cover
- Increase coil spring tension: wind in the direction of the arrow, seen next to the word "charge."
- Lock coil spring winder
Wear safety goggles!
- The needle of the pen is very sharp and therefore dangerous. Never pull directly on the cord to pull the pin.
- When moving a pen, it can fly towards you. Therefore, always wear safety goggles!
- Hold tightly to your ink line while winding; control the speed to provide a safe winding.
- A damaged area of the string can interfere the function of the ink line. Cut the cord, immediately next to the damaged area and reattach the pin. When replacing the cord, they must make sure that the cord is passed through the security ring at the opening for the pin.
- Only use ink for this ink line. Using other materials will not provide a clean line.
- Do not open or close the filler cap when the coil is facing down. If too much ink is filled, it can penetrate into the coil and impair the function of the chalk line.
- Do not overfill the ink, as the chalk line may leak otherwise. If you have added too much ink, open the filler cap and suck some ink from the reservoir, for example with a syringe.
- Make sure that the filler cap engages when closed.
Attachment of the pin
- The cord is threaded through the tip of the pen. If it is a thick line (diameter about 1 mm) insert it through the hole on the side with the characters out.A thin line (diameter about 0.5 to 0.6 mm) is inserted through the hole on the side with the characters threaded.
- The threaded cord is tied at the end.
- The cord is tightened, so that the node is attached to the notch of the pin.
- The protruding end is cut off. That's it.
Troubleshooting and solutions
|String will not pull out.||Check that the cord has come off the spool.||Carefully re-wrap the line around the spool.|
|Cord is difficult to rewind||If the spring tension is too low?||Increase tension of the spring|
|Has dirt accumulated inside the path of the line?||Eliminate any possible contamination in the canal of the line.|
|Cord can be pulled out without resistance and will not be wound up.||Parts are damaged inside the chalk line or badly worn?||You need a new chalk line (repair impossible)|
|Product||Housing:||ABS plastic, polyacetal|
|Pin:||ABS plastic and rubber|
|Needle on the pen:||Spring steel|
|Cord Length||20 m (document feeder 10 m)|
|Size||196 x 82 x 40 mm (when the pin is recessed into the housing)|