Helko Werk Scout Axe
Currently 4-6 week lead time due to production delays.
The Classic Scout is a compact, lightweight axe well suited for backpacking, camping, and general backyard use. Also referred to as a "boy's axe" due to its small size, the Scout was designed for light felling, splitting, and cutting work. Comes with our standard top grade American cow hide 6oz leather adjustable sheath.
Head Weight 1100g/ Gross Weight 1600g/ Handle Length 70cm
• C45 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and polished to a mirror finish
• Crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using softwood wedge and round steel ring wedge