Mafell ZSX Twin Ec Carpenters Chain Saw
- The ZSX-TWIN Ec carpenter´s chain saw is a highly practical tool for large timbers.
- By developing a machine with two motors, capable of producing very complex and otherwise laborious work easily and for a perfect fit, MAFELL has taken the chain saw to a new level.
- With a nominal output of 3000 Watt, just one CUprex motor already tests the performance limits of the conventional 230 V power supply. Two CUprex motors running at the same time would bring a regular fused domestic power system to its knees. By dividing the load between two circuits, the twin-motor ZSX gets all the power it needs. A three-phase electric power system offers the ideal solution because the phases have separate fuses, so that the supply is not overloaded.
- Rip cuts and cross-cutting
- Compatible materials include solid wood and laminated beams
- Despite tremendous nominal output of 6000 Watt, the single-phase ZSX-TWIN Ec weighs just 20 kg (44.1 lbs). The low weight-to-power ratio allows the saw to cut as deep as 400 mm (15 3/4 in.).
- In timber construction and when fitting solid timber walls, corners frequently need to be cut out. Thanks to the vertical cutting edge, recesses and half-lap joints can be produced quickly and exactly. The arduous task of turning the work simply does not arise.
- At the core of the MAFELL ZSX-TWIN Ec are the two 3000-Watt single-phase motors. They run at the same time on two 230 V phases of the three-phase electric power system.
- The ZSX pivots from -15° to 60° exactly according to the scale.
1 Carbide-tipped ripping chain TWIN HM 400Ref. No. 006977
1 Carbide-tipped fine sawing chain HM 400Ref. No. 006972
1 Trolley ZSX-TWIN Ec1 Glider for use with guide railRef. No. 205934
1 Parallel fenceRef. No. 2045911 Combination screw driver 6 mmRef. No. 093272
1 Open-end spanner 13 mmRef. No. 093008
1 Mains cable 10 m (32.8 ft)Ref. No. 087612
|Cutting depth||15 3/4 Inch|
|Cutting depth at 15°||15 3/16 lbs|
|Cutting depth at 30°||13 5/8 lbs|
|Cutting depth at 45°||11 1/8 Inch|
|Cutting depth at 60°||7 13/16 Inch|
|Tilts in both directions||-15 - +60 °|
|Nominal No. of strokes – no load||21000 1/min|
|Nominal power input||2 x 4.0 hp|
|Universal motor||230 V / 50 Hz|